Grammar correction software is essential for those who specialize in text and email editing in English. After testing through many software, Lucid Gen concludes that Grammarly is the best free English grammar correction software available today. Currently, Grammarly has completed construction for 4 operating systems Windows, macOS, Android, and IOS. Let’s learn how to use Grammarly in Word, Chrome, and the Phone with Lucid Gen.
The importance of grammar when composing English texts
Is English grammar important or not is a question asked by many English learners. So what role does English grammar play in work?
- Writing with correct grammar will help the reader of your text correctly and accurately understand the message you convey.
- Create professionalism, assert yourself. Think about it, you send emails to customers and partners but you have grammatical errors, it’s unprofessional, isn’t it?
Grammar plays a vital role in everyday communication. Especially if you often work with foreign customers and partners, it is imperative to compose grammatically correct English documents.
Introduction to English grammar correction software Grammarly
As I introduced above, Grammarly English grammar correction software has been completed on the most popular platforms, so the usage and costs are also more diverse (available for free). Depending on your work, choose a reasonable way to use Grammarly.
Ways to use Grammarly to correct grammar mistakes
- Use Grammarly with Chrome and CocCoc browser extensions: You can use Grammarly on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browsers by installing Grammarly extensions. With the browser’s Grammarly utility, you can check grammar and spelling on most popular websites such as Gmail, Facebook, Wordpres, Drive…
- Use Grammarly in Word and Outlook with integration: You can install the Windows Office Add-in to integrate Grammarly into Office. Currently, Grammarly only supports Word and Outlook versions. Excel and Powerpoint software are not supported.
- Use Grammarly on your PC with an app: By downloading the Windows or MacOS version, Grammarly can act as an English editor on your PC. Currently, the application does not support XP and Vista operating systems.
- Use Grammarly on your phone with an alternate keyboard: You can get the Grammarly Keyboard app on the Play Store or the App Store. Install and use them as keyboard on your phone. The application will help you detect mistakes when editing English on your phone via SMS, Facebook, Gmail or any text editor on your phone.
Price list for advanced features
Grammarly English grammar correction software provides users with two versions, Free and Premium. With the Premium version, users will experience some more outstanding features such as:
- Advanced features like checking punctuation, grammar, context and sentence structure.
- Enhanced vocabulary suggestion feature.
- Plagiarism checker, helps to detect if an article is duplicate of another article available on the Internet.
Depending on your needs, you can choose the right package to use.
- Free version is used unlimited time. The features in the Free version are also quite complete. If you only use it to make reports, short essays or edit emails, the features in the Free version are enough for your needs.
- If your job requires good English writing skills and grammar, you should upgrade your account to Premium to use. The Premium version has 4 package levels, you can refer to the picture below to choose the right package for your needs.
How to use Grammarly on PC
Use Grammarly in the browser
Step 1: Click the button below to open the Grammarly extension page and click Add to Chrome.
Step 2: After adding, click on the utility icon and click the pin button next to Grammarly to appear above for us to use.
Step 3: Next, the utility will take you to the login page. You can choose to log in with Facebook, Gmail, or Apple ID. Here, I choose to create a new account, fill in the account information created, including your Mail, Password, and Name, and then click Sign up.
When you edit documents on Chrome browser on any platform such as Gmail, Facebook, WordPress, or Drive, the Grammarly utility works; words underlined in red are misspelt or grammatically incorrect. You hover over the word that Grammarly reports wrong to see the specific error message. Grammarly gives you two choices: correct the mistake – choose to Replace the word, or ignore the mistake – choose Ignore.
Use Grammarly in Word and Outlook
Step 1: You visit this Grammarly grammar correction software page and select Get it for Windows to download the installation file.
Step 2: Open the installation file, click Get started to install the English grammar correction software.
Step 3: By default, Grammarly will enable the integration for Word and Outlook. If you do not want to install it on Outlook, remove the checkmark before the words Grammarly for Outlook. Then, click Install to install.
Step 4: Click Finish to complete the installation process.
So you have completed the installation of Grammarly English grammar correction software for Word. Open Word to experience the feature.
We edit the text as usual and click Open Grammarly to activate the English grammar checker feature.
The right side of the screen will show the errors you make in the text editor; you can click on the word that Grammarly reports the error to see the specific error.
Select the word highlighted in green to correct the mistake, or click the trash can to ignore the mistake.
Here is a sentence that Grammarly has completely corrected. The bottom right corner shows No basic issues, and your text has no grammatical errors that need to be corrected.
Some common error messages:
- Spelling: misspelling.
- Grammar: grammar error.
- Punctuation: punctuation error.
- Conventions: convention error.
- Conciseness: uniformity error.
- Formality: format error.
- Clarity: concise clear error.
Use Grammarly with the desktop app
Step 1: You click here to log in to the website Grammarly. You can choose to sign in with your Google, Facebook, Apple accounts or create a new account.
Step 2: After logging in, go to Apps, select Install now Grammarly for Windows to download the English editor version for your PC.
Step 3: Open the installation file and select Sign In.
Step 4: The software will open a new tab on the Website asking you to enter. If you are already signed in, then click Continue to Grammarly. A window will appear asking if you want to Open Grammarly; select Open Grammarly.
Step 5: After logging in, you will enter the editor interface and correct Grammarly English grammar errors. You select New to start editing text as usual.
Step 6: Compose any sentence; Grammarly will automatically underline the wrong word in red and report an error next to it. Similar to Grammarly on Word, you click on the wrong word to choose to correct the mistake or keep it without correcting the error.
How to use Grammarly on the phone
Grammarly supports keyboards for both iOS and Android settings. Here I will guide you to install it on Android; for those who use it on iOS, you can do the same.
Step 1: You download the Grammarly application from CH Play or App Store to your device.
Step 2: You open the application, click Get Started to log in. Grammarly allows you to sign in with an existing Facebook, Google, or email account. You can also create a new Grammarly account to use.
Step 3: After logging in, click the Add Grammarly Keyboard button and follow the application’s instructions.
Step 4 (if any): You may have to go to Keyboard Settings on your system to add Grammarly, each device will have a different interface, so I didn’t take pictures.
So you’ve finished adding Grammarly to Keyboard. You can use Grammarly to check grammar in messages, the Facebook app, Gmail, or any text editor on your phone.
I will try to compose a short sentence on SMS, and the application will automatically detect the error and display the message as shown—Select Replace word to correct the error.
Through this article, Lucid Gen has introduced how to use Grammarly on phone and PC to the fullest. Depending on your needs, you can choose the free or paid version to use. I hope it helps with your English work.
If you need any further assistance during the installation and use process, leave a comment under this article. Or you can share with Lucid Gen your feelings about the application. Good luck.