Hide icons on Mac desktop will help us feel cooler looking at the screen, especially for those who specialize in saving files to the desktop. You won’t be perceived as messy by your co-workers when they come close to looking at our computer. It only takes 1 second to hide icons on Mac desktop, leaving only the background image with 2K resolution on the super beautiful screen of the Mac.
Hide icons on Mac desktop with app
Step 2: You open the HiddenMe application, will appear an icon in the notification bar. Click on the HiddenMe icon and select Hide Desktop Icons to hide icons on Mac desktop.
To show the files and icons again, click a few HiddenMe icons again and select Show Desktop Icons (Show all icons on the screen).
Set to operate in just 1 second
To make using HiddenMe more convenient, click the HiddenMe icon and select Preferences.
There are 2 options I recommend you to use: Single click to hide/unhide, Right-click for menu, and Shortcut. The rest is not very important, but I also explain it for you to understand and use.
Startup: When starting the machine.
- Open at Login: Open HiddenMe when the computer has just opened.
- Hide icons at Lauch: Hide icons on Mac desktop khi mở HiddenMe.
- Use desktop wallpaper: Use the desktop background image.
- Use solid color: Use an optional color.
- Use custom wallpaper: Use a different background image.
Behavior: User behavior.
- Single click to hide/unhide, Right-click for menu: Left click on HiddenMe icon will hide/show all files and icons on Mac desktop (Macbook), right click on HiddenMe icon will open menu.
- Double click on desktop to show the icons: Double click on desktop will show hidden files and icons again.
Shortcut: You click the Record Shortcut button, then you assign it a certain shortcut key. For example, I will assign [Control] [D]. When I press this shortcut, HiddenMe will hide/show all files and icons on the Mac desktop (Macbook).
Do you find the HiddenMe application useful? The Pro version of HiddenMe can hide many devices simultaneously, but I find that the regular version is enough. If you like simple but effective articles like this, please leave a comment below.