HTTrack has been very popular on Windown to clone a certain website. But with MacOS, many of you do not know how to install and use HTTrack on Macbook. Yes you have to install 2 operating systems in parallel to use HTTrack. But after reading this article, you will know how to use HTTrack on the macbook extremely professional “like a coder“.
KHOAN BẠN ƠI!!!
Có 5 thứ bạn không nên bỏ lỡ khi ghé đến Lucid Gen
1. Công cụ quét SĐT trên Facebook, quét miễn phí 50 lần luôn. Tạo tệp chạy ads hay telesale cực ngon nhé.
2. Khóa học quảng cáo Facebook bao lêm camp – all tut của anh Vương Khánh Trường dành cho người muốn đạt đỉnh cao Facebook Ads.
3. Bán tài khoản quảng cáo Facebook bao lên camp đang có lượt mua cực kỳ hot trên Lucid Gen.
4. Công cụ gửi mail hàng loạt vào hộp thư chính của Lucid Gen mới ra mắt đang ưu đãi 26%.
5. Cuối cùng là các dịch vụ khác của team Lucid Gen có thể bạn sẽ cần trong tương lai.
Quảng cáo một tý thôi, chúc bạn có những trải nghiệm tuyệt vời tại Lucid Gen nhé!
Install HTTrack on a Macbook
You open the Terminal app on your Macbook by clicking Command with Space, and then finding its name.
Paste the code below into terminal, and then press Enter. This step to install brew for Macbook, yes it is possible to install HTTrack for Macbook.
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
Wait a moment, after terminal runs the command you continue to paste the code below into the Terminal and enter again to install HTTrack on the Macbook.
brew install httrack
If you want to uninstall HTTrack on MacOS, simply open terminal and paste this code in and Enter.
brew uninstall httrack
Use HTTrack on MacOS
How to use HTTrack on a Macbook to clone a website is also in Termial. You type httrack into Terminal and Enter is okay.
Pause on the steps above, create a folder to store where the website will clone as you like. Then click the settings icon, select the Copy “folder name” line as the path name as shown below.
Continuing with Termial, you will fill in the following 3 lines:
- Enter project name: enter your project name, then Enter.
- Base path: paste the folder path that we copied just now.
- Enter URLs: paste one or more websites that you want to clone. Separated by commas or spaces.
Then you just click Enter continuously about 4 times is finished. Please look at this picture for easy to understand.
When terminal returns Done. Thanks for using HTTrack! is that you have clone that website successfully.
In the example above I clone always the homepage of ladipage.vn, now you go to the folder just created earlier will see a child folder with the project name you have set. Open inside, and select the folder with the domain name you’ve cloned.
Usually the website you have clone will be index.html files, in addition to other files are just support or other pages.
Let’s try to open the index.html file and see the results, just like ladipage.vn your homepage. The other files I opened are the same as my ladipage.vn. It’s done.
You can now edit index.html files at your own will to use for your purposes.
It’s not easy for anyone to imagine. Do it 2-3 times you will get used to it, and if you forget how to use HTTrack on your Macbook, go back to Lucid Gen’s website to see it. Also note that HTTrack clones landing pages very well because it is static web, but for some dynamic sites such as WordPress source code, it is “depending on the charm”. If you find the post useful, please share and leave a comment below!