Installing Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Ai, Premiere, After Effect, etc. for Mac (Macbook) to be used permanently is what every designer and marketer wants when buying a new macOS, right? This article is based on my experience in installing Adobe for Macbook, so I report in the easiest way for you to follow. Please read carefully my instructions, especially the notes.
Prepare before installing Adobe for Mac
Download the Adobe for Mac software installation files
Download the Adobe installation file for Mac (Macbook):
- Download the Adobe After Effects installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Animate installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Audition installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Bridge installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Character Animator installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Dimension installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Dreamweaver installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Encoder installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe illustrator installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe InCopy installation file for Mac: 2020.
- Download the Adobe InDesign installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Lightroom installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Photoshop installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020_v21.1.2, 2020_v21.1.3, 2020_v21.2
- Download the Adobe Prelude installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe Premiere installation file for Mac: 2019, 2020.
- Download the Adobe XD installation file for Mac: 2020.
Download the files to support installing Adobe for Mac (Macbook):
- Download permanent activation file: 2019, 2020.
- Download Adobe Creative Cloud uninstall file: Download directly from Adobe, backup link from Adobe.
Turn off Gatekeeper and SIP
Once you’ve turned off Gatekeeper on your Mac, you can install apps downloaded from outside the App Store. Let’s start installing Adobe on a Macbook according to the instructions below.
Install Adobe for Mac (Macbook)
You download the full installation file, permanent activation file and Adobe Creative Cloud uninstall file to a folder for easy management. Then follow the steps below to install the full Adobe for Mac suite.
Note that Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere … for Mac all have identical installation methods, so in this article, I chose a software not installed on my computer to guide you. You follow but with other Adobe installation files, it doesn’t matter.
Step 1: Unzip the Adobe installation file for Mac and open the installation folder.
Step 2: Go to the Install folder .
Step 3: Right- click on the Install file and select Show package contents .
Step 4: Go to the Contents folder in the contents of the package.
Step 5: Go to the MacOS folder in the Content folder.
Step 6: You open the Install files in the MacOS folder.
If the message is sure to open, click the OK button .
Step 7: Enter the username and password of the computer.
Step 8: You enter the login information into your Adobe account, if you do not have, click here to create.
Step 9: After signing in your Adobe account, click the Continue button (Continue installing Adobe for Mac). Language (Language) and Location (Installation location) you should leave.
After the 100% installation of Adobe for Mac is complete, click the Close button and close the other Terminal window.
You follow these steps to permanently activate the Adobe for Mac software. Note that you should install all the Adobe software you need 1 turn and then just activate once for convenience.
Step 1: Open the Zii file in accordance with the version five of Adobe software you have installed on your Mac. The Zii 2020 version will only activate for Adobe 2020 and Zii 2019 will only activate for Adobe 2019 software, they do not overlap.
Step 2: Drag and drop Adobe Zii into the Applications folder as shown. Then click open the Applications folder as well
Step 3: After opening the Applications folder, open Adobe Zii.
If the message is definitely open, click the Open button .
Step 4: You click the PATCH OR DRAG button to start permanent activation for the Adobe software that we have installed on the Mac.
Step 5: When Zii shows the message Root permission required (Requires Root access), you click the OK button .
Step 6: You enter the computer’s username and password, then click OK to start permanent activation.
Wait for Zii to show up the word COMPLETED is complete, you can turn off Zii already.
Enjoy Adobe for Mac forever
Once the Adobe software is installed and permanently activated, you can open some software to see if they work properly.
Check prices of Adobe software on Mac. If it has a trial period notice, you just let it go, you can still use it normally, no problem.
Note that you have installed a version that works well, you should not update to the new version because it will not activate permanently. To prevent accidental updates, follow the instructions below to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud, which likes running in the background to waste RAM and invites you to update continuously.
Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud from Mac
You open the file Creative Cloud Uninstaller downloaded from the top.
Then, enter your computer username and password, and click OK. Next, you click the Uninstall button to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud from your Mac.
Like installing Office for Mac, the Adobe suite is indispensable. I will update the new file in this article, but which version you are using should keep the original. If there is an update, it will be updated to five, but the same year version is not much different. How much Adobe software for your Mac (Mac) you have installed already, do you have any problems. Please leave a comment to communicate with me.