To run Google Shopping, you need to import a product feed to Merchant Center. With commercial websites not optimizing data, we usually use Google Sheets method to optimize data columns. And if the number of products is too large, it can not be entered. If the website needs to run Shopping using WordPress source code, this issue can be solved.
Audience of the post
- The agency runs ads that support customers in producing products or submits this article to guide customers.
- You want to run Google Shopping yourself or are hiring another party to run and are asked to assist in exporting product listings.
Need to prepare
- The website administration login link, which default
s to website.com/wp-admin
or website.com/wp-login.php, may be changed. Ask the website er if the default link cannot be used.
- The account and password of the website administrator have the right to install the plugin.
Steps for producing products from WordPress Woocommerce for Merchant Center
- Step 1: Log in to the website administrator.
- Step 2: Install the Product Plugin from WordPress Woocommerce.
- Step 3: Export CSV product files.
- Step 4: Convert the CSV file to Excel (Google Sheets).
Log in website administrator
Use the link to log in to your website and log in with the administrator's account and password. Make sure you have permission to install the plugin, as some website builderes can hide this section to prevent you from getting into a hurry.
Install a Product Plugin from WordPress Woocommerce
You click Plugin and choose New settings.
You find a Plugin called Product Feed PRO for WooCommerce to install and activate. Or click the button below to load.
Hieu will back up the version that is in good use, in case the Plugin is deleted or cut functionality to charge after the update. Let's use the new version to download directly first.
CSV product file manufacturing
On the menu on the left, click Product Feed Pro and choose Create feed.
Then configure as yourself and then click Save & continue.
- Project name: Name of list
- Country: Vietnam
- Channel: Google Shopping
- Include product variations: No
- Only include default product variation: No
- File format: CSV
- Delimiter: tab
- Refresh interval: No refresh
Step Field mapping, you scroll down to the end and click on the Add field mapping button and set up 2 new rows like Hieu.
Row 1 to get preferential price:
- GOOGLE SHOPPING ATTRIBUTES: Sale price (sale_price).
- PREFIX: VND.
- VALUE: Sale price.
- SUFFIX: (drums).
Row 2 to get the product type:
- GOOGLE SHOPPING ATTRIBUTES: Product type (product_type).
- PREFIX: (blank).
- VALUE: Category (not used for mapping).
- SUFFIX: (drums).
That's enough columns to run Google Shopping. Click Save to go through to the next step.
The Category mapping step is to fill in the Google Product Portfolio, which you do later quickly. Click Save mappings.
Step Feed filters and rules, you do nothing, click Continue.
Step Google Analytics settings, if you want to tracking just like Google UTM then fill in the parameters. The plugin will make UTM itself for all product links. But I don't use it, so I turn it off quickly. You decide and then click Generate Product Feed.
So, after that, the plugin will create your own CSV file for you, about 1-3 minutes depending on the number of products. About 1 minute you reload the page 1 view it is completed.
When you're done, click the download button to download the CSV product file.
At this step, if you are an agency tenant, you can send the CSV file to the Agency for processing.
Convert csv files to Excel (Google Sheets)
Click the button below to open the CSV converter to Excel.
Click the Browse button to upload the CSV file, select Select CSV delimiter file tabulation, and then click Run Conversion. After the conversion is complete, the Download File button will appear to download the Excel file.
If the tool can't be used at some point, you can't use the backup tool below. It's the same thing to do. Upload the CSV file, click and download it.
Here's how to make products from WordPress about Excel to push to the best Merchant Center I know. But doing it for the first time can be a bit difficult because there are quite a few steps. If you need support, do not hesitate to leave a message below the comment.