Adding Google Ads payment method is a step that often makes you confused when you first run ads. Many of you do not have a Visa / Master Card, how to run ads on the same day. How to pay Google Ads with MoMo and Visa / Master Card. Then here's the article I'll guide you to solve all the billing issues with Google Ads.
Google Ads payment methods and their pros and cons
Google Ads accounts in Vietnam have two payment methods: Visa / Mastercard payment and MoMo e-wallet payment.
Pay Google Ads with Visa / Master Card
- Advantages: Transactions are done quickly, stable, less errors, can pay Google Ads with Visa / Mastercard of many banks.
- Disadvantages: You must have Visa / Master Card, the card making time is quite long. There are also some banks that make instant cards like ACB.
Google Ads payments with MoMo e-wallet
- Advantages: Phones, everyone has, so in case of urgent recharge to pay for advertising without Visa / Mastercard card, you can choose to pay with MoMo e-wallet. You need to top up your MoMo first with lots of ways like recharging from a regular bank card. Ask someone else to recharge.
- Cons: In some cases, after you receive a payment confirmation email, it takes up to 24 hours for your payment to be made.
In the long run, Lucid Gen encourages you to use a Visa/Mastercard card to pay Google for its stability.
Currently, owning a Visa / Mastercard card is also very easy, just take your ID card to the bank's service counter to make a personal information declaration to apply for a card about 15p, after about 3 to 7 days, you can have a Visa / Mastercard card. Even some banks like ACB you can do and receive cards instantly without having to wait.
In some cases, certain payment methods may be temporarily uns usable because Google Ads assesses that your account isn't eligible to use it.
Instructions for adding Google ads payment methods
The following Lucid Gen walks you through the steps to add your Visa/Mastercard card to your Google Ads account.
Step 1: Go to the Google Ads Home page to proceed with signing in to your Google Ads account.
Step 2: Tap Tools and settings > choose Payment settings.
Add a Visa/Mastercard card to Google Ads payments
Add a new card to your account
Next you set up your payment profile, you fill in the payment information including your name and address, address line, city, province, and postal code where your city is located.
Some common postcodes:
- Hanoi: 100000
- TP. Ho Chi Minh City: 700000
- Da Nang: 550000
- Can Tho: 900000
In addition, you can quickly look up the postcode of the provinces here.
Under Specify the amount of your payment, you fill in an amount (at least 160,000 VND), here you fill in 300,000 VND, this amount you can adjust later.
Under Payment methods, you choose to pay by credit card, you fill in the full card information including:
- Credit or debit card number.
- The month and year the card expires.
- Three-digit CVC behind the card.
- The name of the credit or debit card owner.
Then select I agree to the Google Ads terms and conditions, and then press the Send button.
After Submitting, Google will subtract the amount specified in your payment amount that you filled out above, namely VND 300,000 and subtract VND 20,000 to verify the credit or debit card you have linked. This amount of VND 20,000 can be refunded by Google in 5-10 minutes or Google will be detained.
Some reasons why additional payment cards are declined
- The balance in the card is insufficient.
- The card used to be added to another account has a history of Google money boom.
Add a Momo e-wallet to Google Ads payments
MoMo e-wallet guide
Step 1: You choose the payment method is Add MoMo e-wallet, the first time you add a wallet, you must pay at least VND 160,000. Next you add to the condition consent box and click Submit.
Step 2: The window that shows the interface notification will be redirected to the MoMo e-wallet to verify the account, press Continue.
Step 2: Get a QR code to scan payments and link your MoMo e-wallet to your Google Ads account. You have 4 minutes to perform a QR code scan.
Step 3: Go to the MoMo app on your phone, select Scan code to scan the QR code on the screen.
After scanning the code, you are asked to Grant access, click the Confirm button. You need to confirm this request in 60s, if not confirmed, the wallet link will be canceled.
Once confirmed, your phone screen will show you successfully validated your MoMo account link. As such, you can already top up your Google Ads account to pay for ads.
Some to keep in mind when paying with MoMo
Required to be able to add a MoMo E-Wallet as a Google Ads payment method
The user's Google Ads account must have a billing address in Vietnam and the required payment currency is Vietnam Dong (VND)
Some things to keep in mind when paying Google Ads with MoMo
- It is necessary to top up Google Ads before running ads, the minimum deposit amount is VND 170,000.
- In some cases, after you receive a payment confirmation email, it takes up to 24 hours for your payment to be made.
- If it's more than 24 hours after receiving the payment confirmation email and still haven't seen the account recorded, contact here for Google support.
Edit or remove a Google Ads payment card
Also in Payment settings > Payment method. You can delete the added tag or re-edit the added tag information.
Through this article, Lucid Gen hopes to help you understand how to add payment methods to your Google Ads account. In the process, if you have any problems, you can leave a comment under this article, Lucid Gen will support you in your capacity. Wish you success, see you in the next articles!